Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) owns vessels and harbour infrastructure necessary for vital ferry services serving many communities throughout Scotland. We have big ambitions to transform the ferry network in Scotland. Backed by a five-year £580 million investment plan from the Scottish Government, our plans to upgrade and improve ferries and harbours are already well underway.
Due to the development of our asset management capabilities, we are recruiting for the position of Asset Inspections Manager to strengthen the Harbour Assets Team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop and manage our asset inspection processes and systems, providing management information and being involved with asset management, maintenance and planning relating to CMAL’s harbours across Scotland.
Overseeing the development of our asset inspection processes and systems, including our asset management software solution—developing all aspects of the function, reporting to the Head of Harbour Assets, the role involves:
- Development of asset inspection system, procedures, standards and guidance in line with CMAL’s strategic objectives
- Managing and being the CMAL expert for our asset software system, hosting our asset register, maintenance schedules and developing this to derive maximum value
- Undertaking harbour inspections and reporting on condition and functionality
- Procuring and working with our consultants and contractors to deliver specialist inspections, surveys and monitoring
Who are we looking for?
CMAL requires a motivated, professional, and diligent individual with a proactive and creative approach and the ability to work autonomously and flexibly. We are particularly looking for people with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A degree-qualified professional in the field of either asset management, infrastructure engineering, construction, building & property or similar
- Experience in undertaking infrastructure engineering or condition inspections, managing inspection programmes, development and configuration of asset management software solutions and strategic prioritisation
- Able to communicate effectively, consult and negotiate with people from varied disciplines
- Possess good report writing skills
- The ability to solve complex problems
What’s in it for you?
A rewarding and engaging work environment, looking after lifeline assets in the world’s most beautiful locations.
- A competitive salary (Grade 7—placing on the scale is dependent on qualifications and experience)
- A benefits package including 30 days annual leave plus eight days public holidays per year
- A defined benefit pension scheme, life assurance and an optional healthcare scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free ferry travel
- We also support further personal and professional development
The work environment
Our head office is on the Clyde Estuary in Port Glasgow, and our port infrastructure is spread across the west coast and the islands of Scotland. Like most organisations, we’ve learnt a thing or two about flexible, remote working and we are actively building on this to ensure we have the best people working with us to serve the communities that rely on our infrastructure.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be undertaken during office hours of Monday to Friday, 08:30–17:00 at our Port Glasgow head office, but the ability to work flexible hours, travelling and staying overnight on the CMAL network and elsewhere is also required.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please send your CV with cover letter, including details of how you meet the Person Specification to HR@cmassets.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 4th February 2024.