Salary: £35,193 – £48,782 (Salary Band 6)
Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) owns vessels and harbour infrastructure necessary for vital ferry services serving many communities throughout Scotland. We have big ambitions to transform the ferry network in Scotland. Backed by a five-year £695 million investment plan from Scottish Government, our plans to upgrade and improve ferries and harbours are already well underway, and we need an enthusiastic, innovative individual to join our Finance Team, supporting safe, efficient, and reliable ports and harbours that serve Scotland’s islands’ needs.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Payroll/Accounts Administrator (37.5 hours per week) within the Finance Team to assist in day-to-day aspects of the Finance Function, preparation of the monthly payroll, processing bank reconciliation, maintaining Accounts Payable and Receivable and preparation of supplier payment runs.
• Preparation of end-to-end monthly payroll
• Prepare supplier payment runs, ensuring invoices are settled within Scottish Government time limits and that accounts settled by direct debit have relevant invoices processed and payments allocated
• Maintain the Accounts Receivable, including processing of sales invoices, receipts, and adjustments; creation of customer accounts; undertake credit control procedures as necessary
• Prepare bank reconciliations on a weekly basis, ensuring that all differences are resolved
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated and diligent team member who is comfortable engaging with colleagues and external agencies.
The following skills and experience are essential for the role:
• Must have demonstrable experience in end-to-end payroll processing
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of CIS tax return
• It is expected that the post holder will have at least two years’ experience in a similar role
• Must be able to communicate effectively with people from different disciplines
• Experience within the construction or engineering sector would be desirable
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining an experienced and dynamic Team within a rewarding and evolving working environment in a future-thinking organisation.
In addition to an attractive salary (placing on the scale is dependent on qualifications and experience), we also believe in supporting you through further personal and professional development and offer a benefits package including;
• 30 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays per year
• Defined benefit pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Optional healthcare scheme
• Free ferry travel
The work environment
Our head office is on the Clyde Estuary, in Port Glasgow, which is the primary place of work. Core responsibilities of the role will be undertaken during office hours of Monday to Friday, 08:30–17:00.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter stating the title of the role with details of how you meet the person specification to HR@cmassets.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Friday 17th November 2023.