The official opening ceremony for the newly upgraded Brodick Ferry Terminal will take place on Thursday 12th April 2018.
Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Constitution Derek Mackay MSP will lead the opening ceremony, with Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) chief executive Kevin Hobbs. The ceremony will take place at the new terminal building and will begin at 11:10 hours, after the 11:05 hours ferry to Ardrossan departs the terminal.
The local community and those with an interest in ferries and harbours are invited to the terminal to attend the opening ceremony.
Ferry operations began at the new terminal on Tuesday 20th March 2018 following an extensive redevelopment project. It is the single biggest port infrastructure construction project delivered by CMAL, representing a major investment of around £30 million, led by CMAL, with support from Transport Scotland, North Ayrshire Council, Strathclyde Partnership for Transport and Coastal Communities Fund.
Work to transform the harbour began on site in January 2016. The project has delivered a new pier, an increased marshalling area through reclaimed land and a modern terminal building, with bus stances and parking facilities.
CMAL’s Head of Civil Engineering, Ramsay Muirhead said:
“This is a hugely significant project for our team and we are delighted to reach the official opening of the new terminal. The local community and visitors to the island will benefit from an improved passenger experience and greater operational flexibility. We hope as many people as possible can join us at the opening.”
MEDIA INVITATION / PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
Media are invited to attend the official opening ceremony of the new Brodick Ferry Terminal.
Date: Thursday 12th April 2018
Timings: 10:40 – guests arrive on 09:45 ferry from Ardrossan
11:10 – ceremony begins with a short opening introduction from CMAL chief executive Kevin Hobbs, who will introduce Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Constitution Derek McKay
11:15 – Cabinet Secretary delivers short speech and reveals opening plaque
11:25 – opening ceremony concludes
11:30 – 11:45 – Cabinet Secretary and CMAL CEO available for media interviews
Location: Brodick Ferry Terminal, Isle of Arran, KA27 8AY
Notes to editors
- Issued by Clark Communications on behalf of Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited. Contact Angela Hughes email@example.com, 0141 548 8028, 07970 184 198 or Lisa Donnelly firstname.lastname@example.org, 0141 548 8222, 07921 687 626
- Media are asked to contact Angela Hughes at Clark Communications to confirm their attendance
- CMAL own property at piers and harbours at more than 26 locations throughout Scotland and is embarking on a programme of investment and improvements, which will create better facilities.
- In addition to its pier and harbour facilities, CMAL owns 32 ferries, which are leased to CalMac Ferries Ltd for use on ferry services on the Clyde and Hebrides Ferry Service.
- CMAL is a publicly owned company with Scottish Ministers as the sole shareholder.
- For more information about CMAL visit: cmassets.co.uk